Other interpreters haven’t taken the classes and seminars you have. Comparatively, you know your interpreting skills are superior to theirs, but something confuses you — why do those interpreters get the positive reception and praise from facility staff and patients?
You’ve worked hard to become an excellent interpreter, but people don’t interact with you that way. They are polite and kind, but something is still out of reach. You ask yourself:
“What can I do to build stronger rapport with everyone I work with? How can I inspire people to want me to be their interpreter?”
In this interactive session healthcare interpreters will gain practical customer service skills to apply on-the-job in a variety of interpreted encounters.
Participants will also receive resources to continue developing customer service strategies and tailor their efforts to their unique style and needs.
- Identify how perception affects customer service
- Identify who our customers are
- Describe what creates a memorable experience
- Describe why memorable experience matter
- 2-hour course
- CE approved
- ATA: 2 points
- CCHI: 2 hours (1 instructional + 1 performance based)
- IMIA: 0.2 CEUs
- WA DSHS: 2 hours
- Live, instructor-led online classroom
- Instructor: Erin Rosales